Sunday 18 October 2015

Rocking Dan Teaching Man receives The Highly Commended Community engagement award 2015 from ACU

A big thank you to The Australian Catholic University (ACU) and ACU Alumni for the huge honour of being awarded The Highly Commended Community engagement award for my work integrating music and movement with the primary curriculum as Rocking Dan Teaching Man. I am really grateful to receive this amazing award. I'd also like to thank the university's Education department for nominating me for the award.



Alumni Awards 2015



It was a wonderful night and I was totally inspired hearing the stories of the magnificent work being down by the major award winners. Click on the link below to read all it.

http://www.acu.edu.au/alumni_and_giving/alumni/acu_outstanding_alumni_awards

ACU has given me many fantastic opportunities both as an undergraduate and post graduate student to further develop as an educator. It was during my post graduate studies that I was able to investigate and implement action research on the impact of music and movement on students' academic achievement in the primary classroom. Now through the medium of YouTube I am able to share music and animations with teachers, parents and children all over the world. My YouTube channel now has over 900 000 views.

ACU also gave me chance to travel to The United States to attend the I Teach K conference in 2014 when I was awarded Frater International travel scholarship. ACU is a wonderful institution that has a goal to produce graduates who serve others.

The Catholic Education Office Sydney has also given me many opportunities to improve as a teacher through a wide range of inservices and professional development over the years. I am most grateful to them for subsidizing my Post Graduate study at ACU. It is a really wonderful and unique school system that I work in.

I am also thankful to the staff of About Catholic Schools magazine for the feature story they wrote about me last year. It was great to be able to share my teaching story with a wider audience and led to other stories being written about my teaching and YouTube channel including in The Sydney Morning Hearld, ACU insight magazine, Australian Teacher Magazine and a radio interview on ABC 702.

Click here to read the About Catholic Schools Magazine Article about Rocking Dan Teaching Man


Until next time,

Rocking Dan Teaching Man.